CloudWater Zendo, the Zen Center of Cleveland, is a Zen center and Buddhist temple based in Cleveland, Ohio. We are dedicated to Ch'an meditation (also known as Zen), the 5 Elements School of Pure Land Buddhism (a contemporary rendering of traditional Pure Land Buddhism), the practice of traditional meditative arts and the study of Buddhist teachings. We are also the home of the Nien-Fo Order of Ch'an Buddhist Monks.
CloudWater Zendo operates affiliated meditation groups in Canton, Ohio (Golden Wisdom Zen Meditation) and Penguin, Tasmania (Buddha-Heart Fellowship).
Our basic weekly schedule is as follows:
- Introduction to Zen Meditation every Monday at 7:00 p.m. (Free)
- Group Zen Meditation every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Five Elements Meditation is held on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month at 11:00 a.m.
- Group Zen Meditation and formal Zen tea are held every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
- Qigong internal energy class is conducted every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Group Zen Meditation is held every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. except on the last Sunday of the month.
- A Buddhist Service is held the first three Sundays of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Meetings of the Kuan-Yin Society, dedicated to promoting compassion in the world, are held on the third Sunday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED. TO SEE OUR CALENDAR OF EVENTS: http://www.cloudwater.org/cal/calendar.pl
TO CONTACT US: email@example.com TELEPHONE: 216-889-1393216-889-1393
OUR ADDRESS: 14436 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, OH 44135
TO FOLLOW SHIH YING-FA ON TWITTER: @Shihyingfa
A variety of classes and lectures is offered throughout the year, including our 8-week Basics of Buddhism class which is taught in the Spring and Fall. We also conduct workshops on aspects of Buddhist teaching and practice, plus a weekly class on qigong, the practice of internal energy for health, longevity and spiritual development.
The "About" section of the website includes our calendar, as well as contact information for the Zendo. Please follow the Ask a Monk link if you would like to submit a question.
Copyright © 2004-2015 The Zen Society of Cleveland. All rights reserved. Contents of this site may be freely copied for non-commercial purposes.
The Zen Society of Cleveland is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.