CloudWater Zendo, the Zen Center of Cleveland, is a Zen center and Buddhist temple based in Cleveland, Ohio. We are dedicated to Ch'an meditation (also known as Zen), the 5 Elements School of Pure Land Buddhism (a contemporary rendering of traditional Pure Land Buddhism), the practice of traditional meditative arts and the study of Buddhist teachings. We are also the home of the Nien-Fo Order of Ch'an Buddhist Monks.
CloudWater Zendo operates affiliated meditation groups in Canton, Ohio (Golden Wisdom Zen Meditation), Penguin, Tasmania (Buddha-Heart Fellowship) and at two Ohio correctional facilities.
Our basic weekly schedule is as follows:
- Introduction to Zen Meditation every Monday at 7:00 p.m. Free.
- Great Vow Sangha (GVS), a Zen and Buddhist Approach to Recovery, meets most Thursdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. See Calendar of Events for exact dates.
- Group Zen Meditation every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Group Zen Meditation and formal Zen tea every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
- Qigong internal energy class every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Yoga class every Saturday from 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- Group Zen Meditation every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- A Buddhist Service is held every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- Outdoor Zen Walks are held on selected Sundays at or near the end of each month at 9:30 a.m. and last about an hour.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED. TO SEE OUR CALENDAR OF EVENTS: http://www.cloudwater.org/cal/calendar.pl
TO CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org TELEPHONE: 216-889-1393
OUR ADDRESS: 14436 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, OH 44135
TO FOLLOW SHIH YING-FA ON TWITTER: @Shihyingfa
A variety of classes and lectures is offered throughout the year, including our 8-week Basics of Buddhism class which is taught in the Spring and Fall. We also conduct workshops on aspects of Buddhist teaching and practice, plus a weekly class on qigong, the practice of internal energy for health, longevity and spiritual development.
The "About" section of the website includes our calendar, as well as contact information for the Zendo. Please follow the Ask a Monk link if you would like to submit a question.
Class: Women of Buddhism" with Ven. Shih Zhong-Xin. August 2nd, 9th & 16th at 10:30 a.m. Cost: $25
This class will take a look at the careers of prominent Buddhist women hroughout history. The class will examine Buddhist women from ancient imes up to and including the modern era, with an emphasis on who they were, their major teachings and what sorts of practices they emphasized. The class will be conducted by Ven. Shih Zhong-Xin, Resident Instructor of Golden Wisdom Zen Meditation of Canton and Akron. Ven. Zhong-Xin was rdained as a Shramanera in 2004, and took the 250 Vows of the Fully Ordained in 2009. Zhong-Xin worked in high school and middle school ounseling for 31 years. She is a frequent lecturer at CloudWater Zendo and
gives presentations to colleges, high schools and spiritually oriented groups n the greater Canton/Akron area.
ZENDO SUMMER BREAK: AUGUST 20th THROUGH SEPTEMBER 1st. REGULAR SCHEDULE RESUMES SEPTEMBER 2nd WITH EVENING ZEN MEDITATION AT 7:00 p.m.
Copyright © 2004-2014 The Zen Society of Cleveland. All rights reserved. Contents of this site may be freely copied for non-commercial purposes.
The Zen Society of Cleveland is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.