CloudWater Zendo, the Zen Center of Cleveland, is a Zen center and Buddhist temple based in Cleveland, Ohio. We are dedicated to Ch'an meditation (also known as Zen), the 5 Elements School of Pure Land Buddhism (a contemporary rendering of traditional Pure Land Buddhism), the practice of traditional meditative arts and the study of Buddhist teachings. We are also the home of the Nien-Fo Order of Ch'an Buddhist Monks.
CloudWater Zendo operates affiliated meditation groups in Canton, Ohio (Golden Wisdom Zen Meditation), Penguin, Tasmania (Buddha-Heart Fellowship) and at two Ohio correctional facilities.
Our basic weekly schedule is as follows:
- Introduction to Zen Meditation every Monday at 7:00 p.m. Free.
- Great Vow Sangha (GVS), a Zen and Buddhist Approach to Recovery, meets most Thursdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. See Calendar of Events for exact dates.
- Group Zen Meditation every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Group Zen Meditation and formal Zen tea every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
- Qigong internal energy class every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Group Zen Meditation every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- A Buddhist Service is held every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- Outdoor Zen Walks are held on selected Sundays at or near the end of each month at 9:30 a.m. and last about an hour.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED. TO SEE OUR CALENDAR OF EVENTS: http://www.cloudwater.org/cal/calendar.pl
TO CONTACT US: email@example.com TELEPHONE: 216-889-1393
OUR ADDRESS: 14436 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, OH 44135
TO FOLLOW SHIH YING-FA ON TWITTER: @Shihyingfa
A variety of classes and lectures is offered throughout the year, including our 8-week Basics of Buddhism class which is taught in the Spring and Fall. We also conduct workshops on aspects of Buddhist teaching and practice, plus a weekly class on qigong, the practice of internal energy for health, longevity and spiritual development.
The "About" section of the website includes our calendar, as well as contact information for the Zendo. Please follow the Ask a Monk link if you would like to submit a question.
Copyright © 2004-2014 The Zen Society of Cleveland. All rights reserved. Contents of this site may be freely copied for non-commercial purposes.
CLASS: "BASICS OF BUDDHISM" BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 13th AND RUNS FOR 8 CONSECUTIVE SATURDAYS FROM 10:30 a.m. UNTIL 12:30 p.m.
The course will be taught by Ven. Shih Ying-Fa and members of the Nien-Fo Ch'an Order of Buddhist Monks. It will cover the teachings which are at the core of our tradition and will also look at the history and evolution of Buddhism from ancient India to modern times. The text for the class will be "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Buddhism" by Gary Gach. Tuition is $100 which includes the cost of the textbook. For those interested in the Lay Buddhist Curriculum, the tuition is discounted to $80. Those who have signed up for the Lay Buddhist Curriculum will take the Five Lay Buddhist Precepts in a ceremony to be held on Tuesday, November 4th at 7:00 p.m. The deadline for registration is Tuesday, September 9th. This is a wonderful opportunity to broaden one's understanding of Buddhism and to deepen one's commitment to the Buddha-Dharma.
The Zen Society of Cleveland is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.