CloudWater Zendo, the Zen Center of Cleveland, is a Zen center and Buddhist temple based in Cleveland, Ohio. We are dedicated to Ch'an meditation (also known as Zen), the 5 Elements School of Pure Land Buddhism (a contemporary rendering of traditional Pure Land Buddhism), the practice of traditional meditative arts and the study of Buddhist teachings. We are also the home of the Nien-Fo Order of Ch'an Buddhist Monks.
CloudWater Zendo operates affiliated meditation groups in Canton, Ohio (Golden Wisdom Zen Meditation), Penguin, Tasmania (Buddha-Heart Fellowship) and at two Ohio correctional facilities.
Our basic weekly schedule is as follows:
- Introduction to Zen Meditation every Monday at 7:00 p.m. Free.
- Group Zen Meditation every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Five Elements Practice Group selected Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings.
- Group Zen Meditation and formal Zen tea every Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
- Qigong internal energy class every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. (NOTE: There will be no qigong classes in September)
- Group Zen Meditation every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- A Buddhist Service is held every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. except on Outdoor Zen Walk days.
- Outdoor Zen Walks are held in spring and summer on selected Sundays at or near the end of each month at 9:00 a.m. and last about an hour.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED. TO SEE OUR CALENDAR OF EVENTS: http://www.cloudwater.org/cal/calendar.pl
TO CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org TELEPHONE: 216-889-1393216-889-1393
OUR ADDRESS: 14436 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, OH 44135
TO FOLLOW SHIH YING-FA ON TWITTER: @Shihyingfa
A variety of classes and lectures is offered throughout the year, including our 8-week Basics of Buddhism class which is taught in the Spring and Fall. We also conduct workshops on aspects of Buddhist teaching and practice, plus a weekly class on qigong, the practice of internal energy for health, longevity and spiritual development.
The "About" section of the website includes our calendar, as well as contact information for the Zendo. Please follow the Ask a Monk link if you would like to submit a question.
Fall "Basics of Buddhism" Class Begins Saturday, September 19th
Class sessions are held on Saturday mornings from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., beginning on September 19th and ending on November 7th. Topics include the core teachings of Buddhism as well as the history and evolution of Buddhism from ancient India to modern times. The text for the class will be "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Buddhism" by Gary Gach. Regular tuition is $100 which includes the cost of the textbook. For those interested in the Lay Buddhist Curriculum, the tuition is discounted to $80. Lay Buddhist students have the opportunity to take the Five Lay Buddhist Precepts in a ceremony which will be held on Tuesday, November 10th at 7:00 p.m. The deadline for registration is Tuesday, September 15th.
Copyright © 2004-2015 The Zen Society of Cleveland. All rights reserved. Contents of this site may be freely copied for non-commercial purposes.
The Zen Society of Cleveland is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.